Susannah Bleakley, Chief Executive from the Morecambe Bay Partnership came to the InGroup today to talk about the many and varied projects they are working on.
From helping to conserve Curlews which are facing local extinction, to beach cleans, cycle ways to recording Oral histories, they work in collaboration with the community and other partners to deliver projects with real impact
Just some of their projects are:
- Bay Cycle Way
- All terrain Mobility Scooter Hire
- Launching an electric bike network, to make the Cycle route more accessible to more visitors
- A broad suite of heritage and community archaeology projects,
- Training volunteers in identifying and surveying grassland flora and dune habitats
- Measures to protect the roosts and nest sites of wading birds so they are safeguarded and they can continue to provide a spectacle for us to wonder at, and enjoy.